I’m primary a Python developer (for data science projects using pandas, fastai, or django), but sometimes use R depending on the project.
More can be found on GitHub, but a selection of my work below.
- ajparsons/poetry-auto-template - GitHub/cookiecutter template for a blank poetry-based Python library.
- ajparsons/function-pipes - Typehint compatible pipe function for Python.
- ajparsons/lock-defaults - Mini function to lock mutable defaults of a function in place.
- mysociety/notebook-auto-template - my Jupyter notebook templating system to quickly get new analysis projects provisioned using shared libraries.
- ajparsons/django-sourdough - framework for rendering static sites.
- ajparsons/everypolitician-popolo-python - writeable version of python popolo library.
- mysociety/stringprint2 - not currently a good description of how to use this (to do), but this generates long-form versions of research reports.
- ajparsons/everypoliticianR - R library to talk to everypolitican data (which isn’t updated anymore, but hey).
- mysociety/composite_uk_imd - UK-wide composite Index of Multiple Deprivation for small areas.
- mysociety/uk_ruc - UK-wide composite Rural-Urban Classification for small areas.
- mysociety/la_distance - various measures of difference and distance between UK local authorities.
- mysociety/uk_local_authority_names_and_codes - Fairly practical and boring dataset, but some simple Github Actions testing and generating the data.
The minisites use the
django-sourdough framework to generate static sites, for explorable and low-maintenance databases.